Here are a few facility management cleaning tips to help get your business ready for winter.
- Have a plan. Take the time to evaluate your building for potential risks, dangers and liabilities. By taking proper precautions ahead of time, you’ll be better prepared for winter weather issues.
- Clean the floors. Treat your floors to a light scrub and protective coating with a quality floor finish before the first snow. Regularly clean the dust and salt off of the floors by keeping them swept and vacuumed. Consider putting extra matting at all entryways. This will help keep ice melting compounds and moisture from being tracked into other parts of your building.
- Clean the gutters. A debris-clogged gutter can cause a leaky roof or water damage to the interior or exterior of your business. Clean gutters serve to control the flow of rainwater to protect your roof, walls, foundation and landscaping.
- Disinfect the office. Cleaning the office equipment, especially phones, keyboards, countertops, tables, doorknobs and public areas including steam cleaning restrooms is vital to killing viruses and preventing the spread of germs. Keeping germs under control prevents employee sickness and prohibits loss of productivity due to sick days.
- Complete a thorough dusting. Winter time brings warm, dry air inside your business which is the perfect environment for increased dust accumulation. Start the season with a top-to-bottom dusting then regularly dust to keep it at bay.
- Clean the windows. Dirty windows look cloudy and reduce the amount of sunlight that comes into the office. Natural light promotes productivity and boosts the moods of both employees and customers. Sunlight also helps to dry floors and keep excess moisture under control.
Whatever your facility’s cleaning needs are, we can create a customized cleaning plan to get your business ready for winter. Contact us at 215-357-1498.